Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Last night, my family was kind enough to come over to our house and watch Logan for the evening so that Josh and I could go out and celebrate New Year's Eve.  We met up with the Bridgfords and headed to my new favorite place in Brea--240 South.  This restaurant is amazing!  It has delicious food and tons of wine.  240 South is unique because they have their own barrel wine.  In addition, another feature they provide is self-serve wines by the glass.  Therefore, you purchase a pre-paid card, walk up to the wine of your choosing, put the card in, select 1 oz., half a glass, or a full glass, and watch the wine pour into your glass.  It's a really cool experience!  Our other friends, Ben and Mindy, joined us for dinner, and we all had a great time!  We ordered the most delicious food, drank yummy wine, and celebrated over fun conversation.
After dinner, we all headed back to the Bridgford house to continue our fun and celebration.  The guys played Ping-Pong, while the ladies played Left, Center, Right.  We danced and chatted the night away.  My favorite part of the evening was when we were all gathered around the TV to watch the ball drop.  Everyone was counting--five, four, three, Eastbound and Down--that's right, the DVR changed the channel right before we finished our countdown!  It was hilarious!  Thanks to the Bridgfords for opening up their home so that we could all celebrate the New Year.


Mindy and I trying to figure out how to work the wine dispenser.


Ang, Mindy, and I at 240 South for dinner.


The boys--Ben, Mike, and Josh.


I had so much fun with these ladies--Mindy, Brooke, and Ang.


Counting down to 2012!


Josh and I are very much looking forward to the new year and all of the fun it will bring!


While Josh and I were out enjoying our New Year's Eve together, my Mom, Dad, sister, and Aunt decided to take Logan out to celebrate.  Here's Logan's narrative (according to Mimi):



"A picture of my Poppa and I.


New Year's Eve started out well.  Poppa, Mimi, Tia and Titi picked me up and took me to La Betolla to celebrate the New Year.


...And then the PARTY hats came out.  It was like a scene from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.


Things started to deteriorate after that; Mimi handed me juice and told me to drink up.  I told Mimi that she had to follow directions and not give me juice, but you know I speak broken English and I don't know if she understood what I was saying.  Mimi said she wasn't a box mix and therefore didn't come with a set of directions, and that she drank juice as a child.  Poppa chimed in about walking barefoot in the snow to school when he was a kid.  And then Titi started some crazy talk about how she never wore a seat-belt when she was young.  And then they all said, 'Yeah, we turned out alright!'


I lost track of all the rules we broke.


When I mentioned the cavities that would result from all the bad stuff I was ingesting, Tia laughed and told me to live it up because all the teeth in my mouth were going to fall out anyway.  Mom, you never told me that my teeth were going to FALL OUT!!!"

**WARNING: No juice or chocolate candy was actually consumed during the taking of these photos.**

No comments:

Post a Comment