Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Baby Shower!

My amazing best friends (from left to right--Jamie, Joelle and Angela)! Honestly, these ladies are such a blessing in my life. They have been there for every important moment and this was no different. Thank you so much girls for throwing me such a beautiful and memorable shower.

The beautifully-decorated table where we all sat and had lunch.

The lunch menu

Cute decorations!

The adorable name cards for my guests and beautiful center pieces!

The yummy spread of sandwiches, salads and fruit!

The yummy spa water, wine spritzers and delicious cupcakes! In the center of the table are the favors for my guests. They are little bottles of champagne that have a sonogram picture of Logan on the front with a note that reads, "Thank you for coming to Lauren's shower!" On the back of the bottle is a note that reads, "Lauren is about to POP! Celebrate with us when you hear the news of Baby Logan's birth!" These were such a cute and creative favor; thanks girls!


Logan's first and middle initial hanging on the door to the entrance to the shower! My best friend, Angela, did this and I thought it was such a nice touch.

After we ate lunch and before we opened gifts, we played a game! Unbeknownst to me, Angela had contacted Josh earlier to ask him some general questions about babies. Josh was supposed to come up with the first answer that popped in his head. The game was that the ladies had to write down the number of Josh's answers that I would guess correctly. Now, the answer didn't need to be the correct answer (as many of these are not), I just had to guess what Josh's answer was to each of the following questions. I wound up guessing six of his answers correctly and these are marked with asterisks by them. My favorites are numbers 1, 2, and 10! Wow, do I have my work cut out!

1.) How many diapers does a baby need each day? One
2.) How many diapers do you plan to change each day? None*
3.) How many hours does a baby sleep each day? Twenty hours of sleep
4.) At what age does a baby start sleeping through the night? After one year
5.) At what age does a child stop needing naps? After three years*
6.) At what age does a baby start eating solid food? After one year*
7.) Do you think your baby will be born with a lot of hair? Just a little bit of hair*
8.) How many kids do you want to have? Three kids, 2 boys and 1 girl*
9.) Who'll be the firm parent, and who'll be the pushover? I will be the pushover, and Lauren will be the enforcer*
10.) A newborn should be given a sponge bath until what happens? Until he can hold his breath under water???
11.) What can a baby do up until 7 months that an adult cannot? Breast feed??


An adorable outfit purchased by auntie Marcie. It has a matching plaid visor that I just went nuts over!

Auntie Emily purchased Logan's first monogrammed blanket! The blanket is blue and his initials--LJM--are stiched in white.

Two of my girlfriends--Jackie and Lindsey--were very thoughtful and purchased a pregnancy massage for me at my favorite spa, Burke Williams. Thanks so much ladies; I can't wait to indulge!

My friend Kristy's mother-in-law is extremely talented and was kind enough to make this beautiful quilt for Logan. Since his bedding is Hawaiian-themed, she created a tropical quilt that will fit perfectly with his set.

My amazing girlfriends from work presented their gift in the most adorable way. My gift was made up of two baskets. The smaller basket contained all sorts of baby essentials--nail clippers, creams, ointments, and bath stuff. The larger basket contained many articles of baby clothing, bibs and burp cloths; however, they were each individually pinned on a clothesline. It was the cutest thing ever!

Since my mom knows how often I cook, she purchased this bib for Logan that reads "I love take out".

I had completely forgotten about this book. Thanks Stefanie!

This onesie was purchased by my hilarious friend, Sally. Pre-pregnancy, I was known to engage in many flip cup games (beer drinking game). It is believed by some that Logan may have been conceived during the evening of one of these tournaments; therefore, the onesie reads, "I'm the result of too much flip cup".

A group of my girlfriends purchased my Pack-N-Play filled with tons of baby goodies!


In order to help build Logan's library, my guests brought me some of their favorite childhood stories. This one is from my precious 3 1/2 year-old niece, Ellie, and she signed her name on the back of the book!



My sister and mom


The soon-to-be mommies! Tammy (on the left) is due two weeks ahead of me and Kristy (on the right) is due in November.


These lovely ladies (Vanessa with baby Jack, Alexa and Steph) make it easier to get up and go to work each day. I love them so much and don't know what I'd do without them!


Here is a group shot of all the beautiful ladies that attended my shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment