Tuesday, June 1, 2010

April - May Fun!

During my 25th week of pregnancy, I was on Spring Break and had a week off from work. Josh and I decided this was a perfect time to take a pre-baby vacay. Josh took a couple days off of work and we drove up the coast. We decided to take the scenic route and first stopped in Solvang, an old Dutch town. We walked around, had lunch and dessert in Solvang. It was so much fun! We then continued on to San Luis Obispo to check in to our hotel. We stayed at the Madonna Inn, a very fun and well-known hotel. The Madonna Inn is known for each of its hotel rooms being themed and unique. We had a delicious steak dinner at the hotel. The next day we drove to Hearst's castle. Josh and I had never been there before and had a lot of fun touring the amazing grounds. Afterwards, we stopped in Cambria for window shopping and lunch by the beach. It was beautiful! Lastly, we spent the night in Santa Barbara and went to a movie and late night Italian dinner. Overall, we had a wonderful time! We were both able to take a break from our busy lives, enjoy the scenic views of the ocean and relax.


Our fabulous hotel room at the Madonna Inn. Our room was called the "Lucky Rock" because it was made up of rock walls and a rock shower!


A picture of us touring Hearst's castle. This picture was taken in front of the beautiful Neptune pool.


A picture of us in Cambria after lunch



Since I was 27 weeks pregnant for my 28th birthday, I was in the mood to do something more mellow. I went to dinner at one of my favorite Italian restaurants, La Betolla. Afterwards, we invited our friends over to our house for game night. We had so much fun playing games and hanging out! And to top it off, my amazing husband baked dessert for me and my guests! I love you honey!


Some of my lovely ladies that joined me on my birthday--Angela, Emily and Jamie.


My wonderful husband baked me two cakes this year!


Making a very special birthday wish!


Blowing out all 28 candles!


A very happy birthday girl!





The Dowdee's housewarming party was the first summer activity in which bathing suits were involved. I decided to be brave and show off my pregger belly!


All of us ladies trying to catch a few rays at Kristy and Jared's housewarming party!

At 28 weeks, Logan has been moving a lot more frequently. The girls all gathered around to try and feel his movement. However, once all of their hands were on my belly, he stopped moving. Although he's in the womb, he's trying to get the attention of the ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment