On Thursday, February 7, 2013, the world became a little more beautiful with the arrival of our sweet daughter, Ayris Allyn Murty! Ayris (pronounced air-ris) was born at 2:15pm (after 19 hours of labor). She weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. and measured 21 inches in length! We are so blessed and in love with our beautiful little girl!
The day before Ayris was born I had a scheduled doctor's appointment. As I was meeting with Dr. Lin and discussing what are options were had Ayris not arrived by her due date (Feb. 9), Dr. Lin stripped my membranes; however, I was unaware she had done this until I saw her during labor. After my doctor's appointment, I met up with some of my girlfriends for dinner. While siting at dinner, my back began to hurt, but I just thought that the chairs we were sitting in were uncomfortable. As I was driving home from dinner, I began to realize that maybe what I thought were Braxton Hicks contractions and back pains were actually the real-deal. As soon as I got home, Josh and I started timing them, and I quickly realized that I was actually in labor!
Josh and I headed to St. Jude around 11pm, where my mom, dad, and sister met up with us. I was in the hospital for about 3 hours when the nurses came in and told me they were sending me home. I was so confused! I was in pain, but they wouldn't allow me to stay. They explained that since I wasn't progressing (cervix dilating), and because the doctor on call wouldn't induce me, I had to go home. The nurse told me before I left that although I was having contractions, that this was something that could go on for days! I was shocked when she said this because I knew that there was no way I would be able to endure this pain for DAYS! Josh and I went home and within two hours, I was back at the hospital. Since I had dilated to 4, the nurses finally admitted me.
Shortly after arriving at the hospital I received an epidural. I knew the doctors changed schedules at 7am, so I was looking forward to seeing my doctor and hopefully having my water broken. However, Dr. Lin had two back-to-back C-sections, so I didn't get to see her until 12:00pm. She came in, broke my water, and told me that we needed to try and have the baby before 1:00pm because she was scheduled to be in another C-section surgery at that time. Well, 1:00 came and went, but this baby wasn't ready to make an appearance yet. I was dilated to an 8, so the doctor decided to give me Pitocin to help me progress. Thank goodness I had already received my epidural as I experienced Pitocin with Logan and it was awful! Dr. Lin was finished with her surgery around 1:45pm so she came in to check me and told me it was time to push!
I began pushing but it was different than when I pushed with Logan. While pushing with Logan, I remember I couldn't feel a thing. This time around, I was able to feel a lot of pressure. In addition, I was so exhausted from being in labor and lack of sleep. Although I only pushed about 30 mins. (similar to the amount of time I pushed with Logan), I had so little energy. I was so afraid I wasn't going to be able to finish. However, at 2:15pm I gave my last push, and our sweet girl came out to meet us! The second they placed her on my chest, I couldn't believe how big and beautiful she was. Thank you, God, for blessing us with such a wonderful gift and miracle.
Trying to relax during labor.
My devoted Dad, Mom, and Sis! They arrived at the hospital with us and remained by my side during the entire 19 hours! Thanks so much, guys. I love you all so much.
Daddy and Mommy anxiously awaiting the arrival of our baby girl!
My dad and mom--Poppa and Mimi
Holding Ayris for the first time--I'll never forget this moment as tears of joy ran down my cheeks.
Daddy and Mommy are so in love!
That's right--8 pounds, 13 ounces!
Getting her first bath.
Daddy's little girl
Poppa and his Peaches--my dad's nickname for Ayris
Titi was one of the first to hold our baby girl.
Ayris and her Tia
Mimi loves her sweet Ayris.
One of the most exciting moments was introducing big brother, Logan to his little sister, Ayris--such a sweet memory!
Grandma and Ayris. Thanks so much, Grandma, for taking care of Logan while his little sister was being born.
I love this picture of Daddy, Ayris, and Logan--all so happy!
Auntie Ang couldn't wait to hold her.
Uncle Mike and Ayris
Thanks for coming to the hospital to visit us, Marcie!
My dear friend, Brooke (due in April), was so excited to meet her!
Auntie Em and Ayris
Auntie Jo, thanks so much for making the drive up to meet our sweet girl.
Ayris is the first to be born of this new generation of babies amongst my besties! I can't wait to meet the other two little ones!
Her going-home outfit! It says "Little Sister" on it.
Leaving the hospital with one more member to add to our family.

No comments:
Post a Comment